Most of us dream about escaping the rat race. And then spend our lives doing nothing about it because it's just too much of a risk to take. Or is it?!
It really doesn't have to be that difficult. And you don't have to do it all at once - which for some may just seem like too much of a big, scary step to take.Instead, little steps can be just as effective, and here's how...
1. Stop saying 'Yes' to everyone. Put a limit & time scale on things at work (& home) and keep to your OWN deadlines as well as your boss's, (e.g. leaving work by 5 can be a great deadline!). Meeting your own challenges and deadlines will make you feel like you've accomplished something important by the end of the day! It's not all about work!!
2. Get out at lunchtime. Stop eating lunch at your desk!! Go for a walk, go to the park, have a picnic or treat yourself to lunch at that restaurant you've always wanted to go to, and if you're pushed for time just order a starter!!
3. Leave work on time so that you can go and enjoy yourself. Make it your mission. Make plans for your evening, something fun, e.g. ice-skating at 6pm... and stick to it!!
4. Pamper & treat yourself. Buy those candles and that bottle of red on the way home, and have that big bubble bath that you've been dreaming of all day!
5. Make little changes to your days each week so that you slowly and surely begin to do more of what you love!! Before you know it you'll notice BIG changes in your life!!
And if you do all of these things already... GREAT!!!
It seems like you're ready for the BIG STEPS!!
Go for it and Live your Dream Life!!
...and if you want to get out of the rat race for just a few days or a week at a time then why not go on a retreat!!
We would love you to join us!!
Summer Retreat dates to be released soon... xx
Look forward to meeting you on a beach somewhere soon... x